Crafting requires collaboration! Your help updating these pages is appreciated.
Because this page was so outdated and worthless I have replaced it with a combination of Park's and my information. If you really want the old info let me know I have it saved.
Ingredients for cooking is gathered by the farming career. To cook you need at least two different types of ingredients. You place the ingredient in the cooking pot (nw, n, ne, se, kitchen from Chavee) and a time from 0 to 30. You then name the recipe and cook it.
Each plant has a type of bonus that it gives. When combined you can get extra bonus or longer durations if you can balance the flavors you have combined.
From the cookpot:
- insert <ingredient> at <time>
- remove <ingredient>
- review [nice|brief]
- name <recipename>
List of flavours and shorthand notation
- Bitter = B
- Chaotic = C
- Salty = Sa
- Sour = So
- Spicy = Sp
- Sweet = Sw
- Umami = U
- WOW!! That's delicious!!! = L3
- Mmm, that's rather tasty! = L2
- The flavours are a decent mix. It's not unpleasant. = L1
I beleive that the higher the level you get the better the extra bonus you can get for a recipe. L1 will just give you the combination of you ingreds. i.e. +1 dex from Afl sprout, +1 from eggplant. The stat can be higher if you hit a higher potency for that plant. THe extra bonuses seem mostly to be in the form of hp/sp regen both normal and overmax.
The better the food the more stuffed you feel.
- Oh, you're going to be tasting that one for a while. (Twice as long as the base) = D2
- Hmm, that might hang around for a bit. (Base time) = D1
The Duration has bee normalized and lengthen. Right now seems to be between 3-6 hours in length for any 2 plant food.
Length seems to be 1-1.5 hours per plant in the cooked food x the duration level.
As you increase in chef ranks your cookpot will grow. This will allow you to put more plants into your recipes. Also the level of your plant has a size as well. They are sized to there level as well.
- Chef 1 gives you a Small cookpot
- Chef 10 gives you a Standard cookpot
- Chef 31 gives you a Large cookpot.
- Chef 51 gives you a Humongous cookpot.
The below messages are the basic formation that a food gives you when you eat it. You can taste more flavors as you gain levels in cooking. From levels 1-5 you can not tell anything about flavors. Starting at level 6 you start to recieve the feedback when you eat a food.
- This food tastes FLAVOR1,FLAVOR2,FLAVOR3,FLAVOR4,FLAVOR5,FLAVOR6 and FLAVOR7! = F1,F2,F3,F4<F5,F6,F7 = Not Seen
- This food tastes FLAVOR1,FLAVOR2,FLAVOR4,FLAVOR5,FLAVOR6 and FLAVOR3! = F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 = Not Seen
- This food tastes FLAVOR1,FLAVOR2,FLAVOR3,FLAVOR4 and FLAVOR5! = F1,F2,F3,F4,F5 = Not Seen
- This food tastes FLAVOR1,FLAVOR2,FLAVOR3, and FLAVOR4! = F1,F2,F3,F4 = Not Seen
- This food tastes FLAVOR1,FLAVOR2 and FLAVOR3! = F1,F2,F3
- This food tastes FLAVOR! and FLAVOR2! (Can have more than one) = F1,F2
- This food is less than Four times as FLAVOR as it is FLAVOR2! = F2<4F1
- This food is more then thrice as FLAVOR as it is FLAVOR2! = F2>3F1
- This food is less then thrice as FLAVOR as it is FLAVOR2! = F2<3F1
- This food is more then twice as FLAVOR as it is FLAVOR2! = F2>2F1
- This food is less then twice as FLAVOR as it is FLAVOR2! = F2<2F1
- There are more than one flavours in this food! = 1F (Literal)
- There are more than two flavours in this food! = 2F (Literal)
- There are more than three flavours in this food! = 3F (Literal)
- There are more than four flavours in this food! = 4F (Literal) = Not Seen
- There are more than five flavours in this food! = 5F (Literal) = Not Seen
- There are more than six flavours in this food! = 6F (Literal) = Not Seen
- There are more than seven flavours in this food! = 7F (Literal) = Not Seen
Each plant has a specific bonus that it gives.
Thus far the following effects have been seen:
fire, ice, and acid attacks ranging from neglible damage amount to 200/attack.
hp and sp regen, both overmax and regular
hp and sp healing, both overmax and regular as an instantaneous effect.
bonuses to all stats.
|3||nantes orange||6||(Cold Damage)|
|5||navel orange||8||Fire Damage|
|6||bosc pear||11||Fire Damage|
|7||Red Delicious Apple||12||--|
English Cucumber: Str
Yukon Gold Potato:
Banana: Fire and Ice Damage
Mottled Pepper: Wis
Bartlet Pear: Fire Damage
Brussel Sprout: Dex
Mango: Acid Damage
Russet Potato: Dex
Gooseberry: Fire and Ice Damage
Spaghetti Squash: Cha
Lentil: Dex and Fire Damage
Habanero Pepper: Str
Pomegranate: Int and Cha
Salmonberry: Str and Con
Honey Sugar Apple: Con
Bamboo Shoot: Cha
Yellow Carrot: Fire/electric/ice
Guava: Acid Dam
Quince: Lightning Dam
Chokecherry: Energy Damage
Wasabi: Str/Acid damage
Luffa: Int/Poison Damage
Radicchio: Wis/Ice Damage
White Celery: Dex/Fire Damage
Kaffir Lime: Con/Wis
Artichoke: Con/Dex/HP Regen
Garlic: Chickpea: Con/Int/Cha
White Gooseberry: Wis/Int/Cha
Fava Bean: Con/Energy Damage
Prickly Pear: SP Regen, Hp Regen
Fennel: Dex, Acid Damage
Hubbard Squash: Sp Heal on eating, Sp regen
Pomelo: Maybe makes other things better?
Buffaloberry: Maybe cold damage?
Guar: Dex + Acid
Bok Choy: Str + Fire
Cloudberry: Something, probably.
Chayote: Int + ice damage
Magic Infused Pea:
Mechanized Broccoli: Light, fire, acid, and flame damage. (cold damage?), sp regen.
Holy Onion: Con, Int
Black Hatted Radish:
Mildly useful recipes
baby eggplant 15, mottled pepper 10: +4 con, +4 wis, 2 ohp/rnd(i think) russet potato 15, mango 15: +6 dex, 1 hp/rnd, 2.5 sp/rnd, acid mango 10, gooseberry 10: 1 ohp/rnd, 1.25ish sp/rnd, 100+ fire, 100+ acid, <10 ice asparagus 1, russet potato 1: +5 wis, +3 dex, 1 hp/rnd, 2 sp/rnd asparagus 30, gooseberry 30: 200 dmg ice special lentil 5, salmonberry 15, 15: +9 str, +9 con, +1 dex, 60/110 heal lentil 15, kiwi 15: +4 dex, +3 wis, fire damage 6 hours+ kiwi 5,salmonberry 15,15: +9 str, +9 con, +3 wis, fire damge, SP overmax heal luffa 10, wasabi 15,15 +13 str, +3 int, acid damage, poison damage (not checked for other effects). Hon sug apple 20,kaffir lime 15 x 3 +15 con, +13 wis.
Other Cooking Pages
User:Lorderon My working information and some test data. Also I am trying to map the complete combination of Afl sprouts and egg plants. If you have some you don't use I would gladly accept donations.
Park Notes Keeping my mess out of this mess until the grand cooking spreadsheet gets made by somebody(ie something like lorederon's table, only with all 1-30 for all plants on both axis).
Amish Cooking Science Dumping my experimental data here.
Amish's Best Cooking Recipes My best stuff.
Related help files
crafthelp cooking on the mud.